Sunday, May 11, 2008

Grill 121-

It used to be Dan Marinos Town Tavern, if that means anything to you..


I wanted to order an appetizer because my Mom was famished and yes... it is Mother's Day after all.... My mother and I were torn between the Thai Lettuce Wraps and the chicken and cheese quesadillas. So I decided to ask a few questions to help us determine which one we would like.

me: What was is in the Lettuce wrap?

him: You use the lettuce to wrap everything in.

Um, okay, that's what I'm asking. So I tried it again.

me: What goes in the wraps?

him: No, the contents go in the lettuce. The lettuce is the wrap. (a little frustrated...?)


me: Yes, exactly.... what are the contents that go in the lettuce.... what am I going to be wrapping?

him: (finally, a worthy answer....) chicken and almonds. They are really good. Lot's of people order them.

me: Fine, we'll take it.

We then ordered our meal, which consisted of Chicken Panini with sun dried tomatoes and fresh spinach. This turned out to be really tasty. My mother exclaimed, "This now is the best sandwich I have ever eaten! Sorry Bungalow Bistro.... your chicken sandwich has to take a backseat to Grill 121.


Two things bothered me about this experience....okay... three.

One... The waiter took our drink orders; I ordered coke and my mother ordered diet coke. He turned back to me and said.. Diet right? No, no and hell no. I did not say diet... Just because I look like I should be on one does not give you the right to give me the second chance to get a diet after all.


Two...... When I order and appetizer, it should come before the meal. This guy brings it out with the main lunch, making us decide which we should eat first. I should have demanded that it go back to the kitchen and forget it... but I didn't.


Three....The whole lettuce wrap ordeal still has me fuming.

No comments: