Tuesday, April 8, 2008

And so it begins....

As I sit here typing my first blog, I am thinking about dinner. It's a great thing since this blog is mainly focused on Dining out in Tampa. Most of my free time is spent working on the house or the garden. I especially enjoy spending time with friends. Whether they come here to the house or we meet out at a restaurant, food seems to be the central focus that brings us all together; that "breaking of bread" so to speak.

When I cook, I have my specialties. Then, aside from a few brave attempts at something new, I tend to always go back to my favorite few with which I always get great reviews.

This is paralleled when I go out to a restaurant. I tend to always order the same thing. My thought process is that I'm about to spend hard earned money, I know what I like, and I am not about to spend money on something I am not sure I'm going to like. So for years it is always the same thing....

Carrabba's- Sirloin Marsala with Angel Hair pasta w/Alfredo sauce and a glass or two of the house cab.
Macaroni Grill- Pasta Milano with a glass or two of Merlot
Taco Bell- Bean Burrito, extra onions and Meximelt extra Cheese- no drink. Lots of fire sauce.
ABC Pizza-Pepperoni Pizza, Greek Salad w/potato salad.
Take-out Chinese- Chicken with Garlic Sauce and an egg roll. Please, do not be stingy with the damn duck sauce. It is not made out of gold- just give it to me!
Bamboo Club- BC Spicy Chicken- Peach Tea no sugar.
CheeseCake Factory- Spicy Cashew Chicken
McDonalds- Big Mac extra onions, Fries and Coke.
Bo's Ice Cream- Chocolate Banana Shake
Starbucks- Hot Drink: Cafe Mocha Cold Drink: Java Chip Frappuccino, no whipped, keep the drizzle.

And the list goes on. I know I am not the only person in the world bound by fear of the unknown, fear of waste, fear of something new. I type these confessions here so that I may be held accountable for the mundane selections I have faithfully ordered again and again.

Hence, let this blog is my motivator, my passionate search for something that may inspire or surprise me, break me out of my monotonous box and let me see the world.

God, I may even like it.

No comments: