Wednesday, April 9, 2008

China Dragon


Well, speaking of dinner, we decided to go to China Dragon on 2513 W Hillsborough Ave Tampa, FL. My usual is an order of Chicken with Garlic Sauce, Fried rice and an egg roll. That would be the special platter for $6.50. Not a bad deal. You pay a little and get a lot. And, if you play your rice right, you will have at least two dinners out of one plate. For my dinner tonight, I ordered General Tao's chicken. As you may not know, I have never veered away from my fave. I am a creature of habit. But fortunately, for the first time at a take-out Chinese place, I ordered something different! At the counter, I ordered everyone else's stuff, but when it came to my choice, I was himing and hawing. Finally, after asking the lady behind the counter to describe some of these other dishes, and looking at the washed out, crazy looking pictures that Chinese take-out joints always have on the wall, I finally made my decision.

Over all, I really enjoyed the General. While I have never ordered the General myself, I have tasted other Generals before. Now, most of the time, there is no sauce and the chicken is sort of sticky. At China Dragon, the General is very moist while remaining crispy. There was just enough sauce to pour on the rice but not enough to make the little rice pieces float. I was hoping for a bit more spiciness, but there was not much of a kick at all.

The egg roll was good, but not as crispy as I usually care for. But, they gave me two
extra egg rolls labeled Free, which was a nice treat!

Tomorrow, Ybor City for dinner.


Take-out Rating- 3 spoons

No comments: