Friday, April 11, 2008

Bungalow Bistro


Dinner was spent at a great new French Bistro in Seminole Heights. The Bungalow Bistro, which is on 5137 N Florida Ave is housed in a restored garage. The garage and the adjoining house where originally located on Hillsborough Ave. When the widening project took place several years ago, both structures were actually moved to their present location to preserve them for future use. The house is utilized by Forever Beautiful Salon and Day Spa. The garage, Bungalow Bistro.

So, a friend and I went to this hot new restaurant everyone is talking about. I was really excited to finally go there for dinner, as I have heard great things about the menu.

First of all, let me start by saying that the decor in this place really cool. The whole look and feel of the restaurant gives takes you somewhere other than Florida Ave.

Loving spicy dishes, I ordered the Thai Panang Chicken which is grilled chicken with a spicy red curry and coconut Panang sauce on basmati rice. The chicken was perfect. I loved the texture, the look and presentation of the dish. I especially liked the basmati rice. This was new to me. I have only heard of, but never tasted, this rice. I will definately be trying that in one of my dishes soon!

My friend ordered the Andouilla Studded Tender Steak which is basically a steak with saugsage stuffed inside. It was pretty tasty. Although it was really good, I was pleased with my selection.

For dessert, we ordered a warm apple tort al a mode. It was a sweet end to a lovely dinner.

Would I visit again? Um, yes. I am actually going again tomorrow with my mother for lunch. I'm committed.

No comments: