Friday, April 18, 2008

Carmines


Of course being Thursday, my group of friends hit the streets of Ybor and all met at Carmines. While famous for their devil crab and spanish flair, the restaurant offers a wide selection.

Our group was so large this week, we actually had our own room. The rooms are separated by a floor to ceiling Japanese screen which is very metro. The walls are exposed brick which give the restaurant an urban feel.

On the menu for me tonight was a cuban sandwich and french fries. Wow, what a great cuban! It was very tasty, had all the right meats, good bread and was pressed. With a cuban sandwich, you can tell that it is either great or mediocre in just a bite or two. If you originally intended to eat only half and take the other half home for later then after finishing the first half, you start wondering if you should go ahead and eat it after all, it is a successful cuban. If you are eating it and you think, maybe I can box this part up with the half I'm taking home, then you know that there may be a problem. The latter was not the case. I shared mine with a friend and was left feeling like I wished I never shared.... So kudos to Carmines! The fries were wilty, but.... I wasn't there for fries.

No comments: