Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Liborio's Latin Cafe

Whenever anyone says the word Liborio's, everyone in earshot ooo's and ah's. So of course, when I heard we were getting take-out from Liborio's, I was looking forward to the experience. The dinner I ordered is one of my all-time favorite Spanish dishes; Picadillo, aroz y frijoles negros. I figured this would be a good option since I love the meal, I would be able to compare that same meal to other restaurants and my own cooking.

First of all, the amount of food I got was incredible. There was so much there, I was able to put half aside for tomorrow's lunch and I still was stuffed. The picadillo was a bit on the dry side and the color was very dark. There were a lot of fresh herbs laying on top, but that didn't do anything for the appearance. A dark mound of dry meat. I have to say that the yellow rice and the black beans made this meal. The beans were wonderfully seasoned and the rice was moist and fluffy. I have not really a fan of rice for most of my years, but now I am starting appreciate the texture and flavor more and more. This rice from Liborio's was spot-on.

No comments: